What started in 2014 as a pilot has become a global success story at Kuehne + Nagel: the idea to bring advanced knowledge of forwarding and logistics into countries and regions that do not provide a formal apprenticeship in this area. In 2017, several hundreds of young employees participated in "Forwarder Certification Program", one of the most popular training initiatives of the company.
In total almost 1000 colleagues in 50 countries have joined this targeted training, becoming part of several international groups that jointly learn in interactive online sessions.
For whom is the Forwarder Certification?
The certification program is open twice a year to Kuehne + Nagel employees
- without formal education and training in logistics and/or forwarding industry
- who have been with the company for at least three months
- with practical experience and knowledge in only one Business Unit
The level and pace of study is automatically adapted to the participants’ reality and logistics / forwarding experience within the learning group.
Why are we doing it?
- Build logistics skills amongst Kuehne + Nagel employees globally
- Increase company and industry specific knowledge amongst operational staff
- Attract, build and retain talent
- Provide formal vocational training
- Experiment with new ways of learning and leveraging technology for collaboration and knowledge exchange
Graduation pictures, March 2017