A hallmark of our Environmental Programme are the Environment Champions. They are employees who volunteer to become advocates for change, and to raise awareness of environmental issues among the workforce. Our Environment Champions offer assistance and guidance to staff and they influence site activities to reduce CO2 emissions and costs arising from fuel, energy and water usage, and waste disposal. Environment Champions also conduct trials and prepare as well as publish environmental performance reports.
Environmental Champions key responsibilities:
- Implement our Environmental Policy
- Create site management action plan for environmental improvements
- Support site manager in the execution of their environmental responsibilities
- Maximize recycling of waste to achieve our 0% landfill target
- Co-ordinate internal environmental audits
- Act as a local contact point for corporate environmental initiatives