Our marine logistics division undertakes all efforts to safeguard goods and make sure they arrive in perfect condition at the right time. Due to circumstances beyond every party’s control, goods can arrive damaged or go missing.
If a carrier is liable for loss and/or damage caused to the goods during transport, there are clear statutory rules governing the carrier’s liability for the damage to and loss of goods. Such liability may be limited or excluded which would be unsatisfactory for the customer. Therefore, with the support of our in-house broker NACORA, we have developed an industry specific insurance product that covers our customer’s goods in the event of a claim on full terms (ICCA) if integrated into the customer contract. It provides a unique “express expediting cost cover” to make sure goods can be shipped when it matters most to our customers. The insurance option is integrated in our service proposal, pricing and contracts which will be, if applied and accepted by our clients, documented accordingly.
SPECIAL COVER ELEMENTS
- All risk ICCA coverage for physical loss or damage to your goods
- Cover door-to-deck incl. storage periods as required (up to 12 months)
- Express delivery cost cover for missed delivery dates (based on guaranteed delivery dates)
- Including the risk of loading, unloading and reloading.
WHAT CAN I INSURE
- All ship spares
- All modes of transport
- Door-to-deck deliveries
- Worldwide coverage
- Storage for up to 12 months at destination in Kuehne + Nagel warehouses.
BENEFITS TO CUSTOMERS
- Coverage to all our operations (except where prohibited by law)
- Peace of mind no matter where your cargo is and if delivery date is missed
- Full value transit cover and open discussions on marine liability issues
- Professional claims handling service through our marine specialist broker NACORA Stockholm
- Fast payment of valid claims
- One stop shop for your freight and insurance requirements
- Cover will be constantly monitored and developed in accordance with best industry standards