Kuehne + Nagel delivers services across a global network, of over 65 gateways served by more than
3000 dedicated aerospace staff implementing proven, best-in-class processes and leveraging powerful information technology.
Click on the icons below for details on how you can benefit from our services.
We focus on maximising operations for the customer who needs a fresh look for their aircraft cabin. In doing that, we manage the entire supply chain and free aerospace customers from logistics anxiety. Benefits such as full visibility, efficient operations and transparent pricing are enabled via this end-to-end solution.
Developed in conjunction with our Engine Competence Centres, with services delivered by specifically trained professionals. Dedicated engine competence teams provide support and expert handling, as well as extensive knowledge and expertise. This enables them to move time-critical and intricate aero engines on time every time.
Specific services include:
- Supplier scheduling and integrated vendor community solutions
- Ordering and replenishment services
- Inventory management and stock level optimization
- Customized kitting
- Just-in-time and pull flow delivery to lineside
- Re-usable packaging solutions
- Pre-production services
- Best In class WMS interfaced with ERP
- Integrated performance management system with standard KPI’s
- VMI (vendor managed inventory) concepts
- Optimisation of parts flows from inbound to production per type of part
- JIT deliveries that reduce inventory at line level and lower costs
- Use of Lean Management concepts
- Minimization of handover points and interfaces through full service offer.
- Order fulfilment
- Event management
- End to end logistics
- Supplier clearing
- Supplier performance management
- Right first time JIT deliveries
- Reduced logistics costs (up to 60% on transport by consolidation)
- Proactive troubleshooting
- Supply & demand planning
- Aircraft balancing management
- End to End supplier management
- Initial provisioning
- Performance management
- Reduction of basic logistics costs (warehousing and transportation)
- Reduction of the cost of ownership (reduced stock levels, optimised purchasing)
- Reduced consumption (wastage) through better control
- Access to the SkylogistiX network and facilities
Spare Parts Logistics - KN SparesChain
- Monitoring and reporting of repair / supplier cycletimes per order, part and supplier
- Improved monitoring, alerting and visibility on AOGs and engines
- Repair cycle performance per supplier across all suppliers
- Pending repair orders, scaling towards due date
- Follow up with repair suppliers in advance so delivery times can be met
- Daily pipeline forecasts (prior to flight arrival)
- Point-to-point shipping
- Ongoing and comprehensive performance monitoring across all repair & new-buy suppliers
- Risk reduction on mission critical orders for AOGs and engines
- Capital cost savings on either loan fees and/or stock level reduction
- Simplified model determines potential cost savings on repairs
- Availability of evaluation records and hard facts improve negotiation processes and performance
- Up-to-date information drives improved shift planning and identification of priorities, helping to avoid unnecessary costs
- Additional IT infrastructure at client premises can be avoided
- Breakdown of lead time responsibility (repair versus shipping)
- Customised IT interface using order level processes
- End-to-end visibility gives clients more control, minimises disruption and can reduce costs
- Full consolidation of material needed to resolve the incident.
- Logistics coordination and visibility of the solution.
- On-the-ground project management team for logistic support.
- Immediate status report on the full project
- Full project visibility and cost monitoring
- Real-time information through a dedicated internet platform
- No impact on the customer’s Logistics Department allowing them to concentrate on fixing the aircraft.
- Itemised and ‘whole project’ costing.